Someone else that Inspired me...

Another Kupuna that inspired me this past Keauhou trip was Maile Napolean. She is a master lomi-ist. For those of you that do not know a lomi-ist is someone that massages lomi style. Well, anyway to start from the beginning I have been having really bad back pain for the past 3 years. It generates from the middle of my head all the way down to my tail bone. It causes me bad headaches and makes me very grouchy. Well, at the conference I went to I had asked her about the pain and she told me that a lot of the pain is psychological. If I think I have a bad back, I will have a bad back. So, she said every morning when I look in the mirror I need to tell myself that I have a wonderful back and its perfect! Every time I feel like its sore I just need to repeat that to myself and guess what it works! OK OK....not every time, but majority of the time the pain goes away.

That makes me think about a lot of other instances....like being grouchy or becoming sick. People can trick themselves into thinking that they are sick or even pregnant. This is because the mind is stronger than the body. Just watch the movie "The Matrix". The body cannot live without the mind.

So....moral of the story is.....THINK POSITIVE AND POSITIVE THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU! A POSITIVE ATTITUDE WILL GET YOU FAR.

That reminds me of when I got a speeding ticket. Yes, I learned my lesson, but I was happy because I got to experience the "getting a ticket" from a policeman. Others would think I'm odd, but hey theres no sense in getting bent out of shape about it, because in the end I'll still have to pay for the ticket. So, I took the experience positively. :)

Have a GREAT day!! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, hun! If only our house was down in your neck of the woods! hehe
It's all been very exciting, but super stressful. Your post reminded me of the power of THINKING POSITIVE. I needed that reminder! :)