Swine Flu 2...

Here is the latest on the swine influenza outbreak. I got it from the WHO website.

Swine influenza - update 4

28 April 2009--The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 19:15 GMT, 28 April 2009, seven countries have officially reported cases of swine influenza A/H1N1 infection. The United States Government has reported 64 laboratory confirmed human cases, with no deaths. Mexico has reported 26 confirmed human cases of infection including seven deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Canada (6), New Zealand (3), the United Kingdom (2), Israel (2) and Spain (2).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_04_28/en/index.html


Speaking about pigs...we have recently been aware of a family of pigs living in the back of our house. There is a mommy and 5 babies. The mommy is Polk-a-dotted and so is one of the babies, but the others are black. Chris caught them on film the other day, but then I heard the bushes moving outside last night and decided to look and I finally got to see them. :) Unfortunately because I got to see them and think they're cute I now do not want them to be hurt. So, i don't really want to tell my brother-in-law because i know that's exactly what he'll want to do, not hurt them, but hunt them. Its a little disturbing. Also, my son has started to like them and look for them through the window and call them "Here piggy piggy piggy". Its really cute. :)

I currently still have a itch in my throat that hasn't come out to be a cough yet, but I'm not looking forward to that. I took my temperature this morning and there is no sign of a fever, so that's good, because a fever is the main sign for the swine flu.

Okay folks that's all for now, need to finish up some schoolwork.


Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

3 comments:

kaiulani said...

Oh boy. Thus must be swine season. We have pigs living behind our house too! We see their tracks and droppings in the yard. Poor doggies must be going crazy. Pigs (especially wild pigs) are not nice creatures. Whenever I feel sad for them I think of the yummy kalua pig and I think of them eating Molly's baby. Plus if they see you they will charge you. Hopefully they dont have tusks, because they can cause some serious damage. Especially to little children. Thats enough to make me okay with them being hunted. Besides, there are so many out there that if we just let them go and keep on breeding they would run us out of our own properties!

Elemakule Tutu said...

Plseae do not let my mo'opuna get near the baby pigs. The mother can and will get very protective of the babys.

hokusushi said...

don't worry father caysen doesn't go outside if we're not outside and he doesn't go in the back where that pigs were seen cause he's scared. Plus, I can and will be very protective of my baby. :)