I am an IT person. :)

So, yesterday when we got home from spending the day at South Point I decided to try and load Access '03 on my laptop. Well, first I'll explain our day at South Point. My other half finally after years of going there decided to let me drive. For some reason he believed that I was incapable of driving "ruff roads". What a WEIRDO!! I guess its a guy thing. Anyway, i drove and surprisingly i drove just fine. When we reached our spot my son immediately wanted to start digging, not in the sand, but in the dirt. What a WEIRDO, must take after his father. :) Well, papa took him down to the beach as we set up the tent and chairs. My mother, uncles, and other half then decided to set up their fishing poles to try to catch some fish. There was no real luck in catching anything though. I on the other hand did manage to catch a little tiny fish with a net in the area my son was swimming in. That was fun, but papa let the fish jump out of the bucket, blaming it on the amount of water that was in the bucket of course. ;P The day at South Point was a fun day, but I did miss my sister. We usually hang out when our family goes to the beach and she usually helps me watch caysen so i don't have to be 100% eyes on him at all times. But our blessings do go out to richie and family.

Okay, now to talk about what I originally wanted to blog about, my computer. So, today and Thurs i do not have to go to 'Imiloa to intern because I will be working from home. So, when we got home from South Point I wanted to download Access '03 onto my laptop so I wouldn't have to be on the desktop. When I put in the CD and tried to download it, it gave me an error saying that "the operation requested requires elevation". So, i googled it and elevation meant administrator basically. But that's weird because I have special permissions on my laptop "I am the administrator". So, I decided to do a little "IT" work. I opened the CD to see its files, found the MS office pro '03 folder and downloaded it to my desktop. From there I opened it and found the setup application and ran it, from there I could select that I wanted Access '03 and what do you know, it WORKED!! :) I was really proud of myself.

Then I wanted to play movies that my uncle downloaded onto a CD. So, when I put it in my laptop i expected it to play with mo problems, but of course that can't happen. The disk was in MP4 format and my player can only play MP3 files. After a bit of research I downloaded a program called VLAN and within seconds the movie started to play! YA!!

I guess IT is in my blood, thanks mom. :)

Okay, so now I should do something productive like homework, or housework, or something of that nature, so i bid you all farewell and HAVE A NICE DAY. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I understand the mush!